No products in the cart.
Spread the love
Sleep is crucial
Sleep is critical to optimal health, daily functioning, and mental well being. You know that. And you know you probably need more sleep than you get. When you sleep, your body heals.
It’s like putting gas back in the vehicle.
You need it!
A study by Harvard researchers compared the effects of blue light to green light. They found that blue light suppresses the sleep hormone, melatonin, for about twice as long – and shifted your internal time clock by twice as much!
Blue light also spurs cognitive function and raises levels of cortisol & alertness.
This is good during the day. Though today’s LED technology emit too much blue light and does not emit infrared rays which the old Incandescent Edison bulbs do. Infrared rays are essential for regenerative processes and they have also been shown to penetrate the skin as much as 20 cm. This kind of infrared lightwave can directly help energy production in the cells.
The health of your cells, organs, and body is directly affected by the energy (ATP) your cells have. The more abundant the ATP (adenosin-triphosphate) aka energy in the cells the better it will function
Your eye and blue light
Your eyes may have the strongest influence on good sleep. When the eye senses light or darkness, it signals the brain to release various chemicals.
These chemicals establish sleep patterns. If the eye senses light, no matter the time of day, it tells the brain it’s time to wake up. In this non-stop, 24/7 world, we all need a few hacks to improve our sleep at night for nonstop energy during the day.
Why blocking blue light is wise.
Sleep may be more important than even most health experts realize. A lack of sleep can negatively impact the immune system. It disrupts the production of cortisol and growth hormones. It decreases leptin and increases ghrelin, two hormones that influence appetite. This imbalance may lead to overeating and weight gain.
Your body has an internal timekeeper controls your body’s circadian rhythms: it directs your sleep, metabolism, and body temperature. It regulates cortisol, melatonin, and other hormone levels. Your circadian rhythms promote sleep at night and alertness during the day. In short, your circadian rhythm helps you live in harmony with both day and night cycles. If you alter the input of light to this internal clock, you may have trouble sleeping.
Blue light from the Sun is good.
One of the reasons sunlight is so good for our health, including mood, is the full spectrum of light it delivers. Energy-efficient light bulbs do not include the full spectrum frequency; neither do fluorescent lights & light tubes that are commonly used in office buildings. Energy-efficient LED light bulbs produce the most blue light compared to incandescent lighting.
3 SLEEP TIPS FOR A DEEP AND RESTFUL SLEEP, ALL NIGHT EVERY NIGHT
BLOCK THE BLUE LIGHT: That blue light frequency stops your body’s production of melatonin, making it harder to fall asleep.
- Install red lights in rooms where you spend your evening, including the bedroom. Red light has the least influence on shifting your circadian rhythms and may even kick-start melatonin production. Even the small amount of artificial blue light – from a streetlight or LED indoor lights – can alter your sleep.
- Do not eat at least 3 hours before sleep. Eating has been also shown to wreak havoc on our circadian rhythm and can massively affect our metabolism and hormonal system
- Make sure your bedroom is dark and possibly not too warm. Our body needs to cool down at night
- Ground & Earth your body( What is Earthing?). Grounding or Earthing sleep sheets have been shown by 19 double-blind, placebo-controlled studies to decrease inflammation & high blood pressure, improves heart health, helps our body to fight free radicals.
Get grounded while you sleep. It can drastically improve sleep quality according to the research findings
- Block all blue and green light which have been shown to disrupt our biological clock. This is by we created blue blocking eyeglasses.
- Use blue blocking app on your phone and computer to reduce blue light. These softwares can really help your eyes. At night though we strongly recommend using night-time blue blocking glasses, since these apps can not filter out all blue light, they just reduce the blue spectrum.